Multipurpose Products

So, we all have them, those little products that do double duty.  Blushers that double as eyeshadows, lipsticks that act as blushers, the lipbalm that also works as a moisturiser or cuticle cream and so on.

However, I think this one takes the biscuit it’s the, er … “personal product” that also works as a hair serum, and heat-styling protector.  Would you?  Could you?

Warning:  while the link is safe for work (it’s from HQ Hair) the product itself might not be something you want on your work internet history … Many thanks to @muddlinleigh for the link!

What are some of your favourite double-duty products?

1. January 25, 2010 / 9:08 am

I was wondering what was so bad about the pretty coloured NARS sticks at the top of the post, and I did wonder how you could put a pink serum in your hair… Then I clicked the link – Glad I'm on my personal laptop! 😀

2. January 25, 2010 / 9:31 am

I think you can use any mostly-silicone based product both as a hair product and as a "personal" product. I have done in the past and anything silicone heavy works both ways, as it were! 😀

3. January 25, 2010 / 9:59 am

I'm SO getting this for a friend! I want them having a massive bottle labelled 'Lubelicious' on their dressing table!

4. January 25, 2010 / 11:15 am

I remember KY Jelly trying to become 'multipurpose' and a handbag essential by saying it was a great hair serum.

Anyhoo – favourite multipurpose thingys.
    – Nars multiple (or fake versions thereof)
    – Rose and Co Rose petal balm

Should be multipurpose but aren't – Benetint. Never managed not to look like Aunt Sally when I put it on my cheeks.

5. January 25, 2010 / 3:25 pm

lol..what a crazy product?!?
    i would never think of buying something like that!

6. January 25, 2010 / 8:42 pm

I know all silicone-heavy products are more or less the same, but I like to think that I won't be finding a new use for my Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum any time soon …

7. January 25, 2010 / 8:44 pm

I am so getting some for the shared bathroom – love the new look btw!!