This is what P&R say about their products:
The plant ingredients that make up our recipes are responsibly cultivated, unprocessed and 100% natural. They contain none of the following, found in many skincare products:
- mineral oil and other petroleum derivative: paraffin and vaselin
- silicons and other PEG substances
- polypropylene glycol
- artificial colourants
- synthetic aromas
- preservatives (eg parabens)
A Polish company, Pat & Rub is run by women for women, and the products are largely put together for their therapeutic properties. They have both a relaxing and a revitalising range and I was given a sample of their Relaxing Hand Balm with coconut and Lemongrass - and a little hand massage! I do love a good hand massage, and the balm seemed ideal for the purpose keeping a great deal of slip throughout, and my hands were left feeling smooth and soft for the rest of the day.
This is what P&R say about their handcream:
A cornucupia of benevolent nourishing substances. For very tired and dry hands. Renews, moisturises, softens, brightens, soothes, elasticises the skin of your hands and strengthens your nails. Absorbs beautifully. The ingredients in this balm minimalise the negative influence of detergents and other drying and irritating factors. It contains natural UV filters and the scent of coconut and lemon grass.
- Lemon Grass Oil - invigorates the mind, enhances the look of your skin: smoothes and cleanses
- Lemon Peel Water* - brightens and disinfects
- Jojoba Oil* - strengthens and firms
- Avocado Butter* - oils, regenerates and protects
- Olive Butter* - smoothes and soothes
- Camomile Extact* - soothes irritations
- Hyaluronate Acid - moisturises and protects
- Allantoine - soothes and softens
- Provitamin B5 - reduces pigmentation, elasticises
- Natural Vitamin E* - smoothes, firms, oils and moisturises
I use the word "fragrant" advisedly ... The balm is wonderfully redolent of both coconut and lemongrass, and will perfume your hands for several hours. And therein lies the rub. Coconut on it's own is a great smell, personally I love it. Lemongrass is also a great smell, aromatic and refreshing, it's a great addition to this cream, I think. However, together, you get curry. Specifically, Thai green curry. In itself, not a bad smell, just ... a touch too evocative for me, I think. The smell is very distinct, and it lingers for a good while too.
That said, this balm had an odd effect on the men in my office when I used it. They LOVED it! I always have about five or six handcreams around my desk, and not one of the others has had the men in my office asking what it was, and begging to be allowed to try a sample of it. One of the guys loves the scent so much that I actually gave him my sample bottle! He uses it a couple of times a day, and is often to be found happily moisturising himself and sneakily sniffing at himself when he thinks no one is looking ...
So, girls, if you want men flocking around you grab yourself a bottle of this stuff. You might think you smell like your local Thai restaurant, but the boys will LOVE you ...