Face of the Day – Berry Lips

Dark, gothic lipstick colours are very much the flavour of the day this season, so here’s my take on the look:

I’m wearing Chanel tinted moisturiser, Edward Bess eyeshadow in Intimate, Dior purple eyeliner, and the lips are Daniel Sandler lipstick in Micro Berry. This shade, I’ve discovered, makes a really pretty stain too.

Will you be wearing dark lips this autumn?

1. October 5, 2010 / 2:23 pm

I'll be honest, when I saw this picture, my very first thought was that it didn't work, however, when I clicked the picture and looked at it full size I see I was completely wrong and in fact you can really carry it very well indeed. It does look lovely! Its a look that really suits you and that I could never carry off so I'm jealous.

2. lipstickmama
    October 5, 2010 / 7:04 pm

I agree with Charlie, I am looking at this on a tiny netbook, but a bigger photo and it all works really well, I think it compliments your hair. Interestingly when I click on my truly cringeworthy photos for FOTD, I look marginally less horrific in the bigger size, not that you look cringeworthy or horrific, I am applying those adjectives to me only! Jan x

3. October 5, 2010 / 7:59 pm

I like it! I like dark lips generally and was quite a pretendy goth in my youth. Bring on the dark lips I say!
    Jane x

4. October 5, 2010 / 9:49 pm

I'm always a little weary of dark lips. I have dark, dark brown hair, and I'm kind of pale. So I feel like dark lipstick will wash me out. Yours looks awesome though!
    ~Sophia
    Fit&FabLiving

5. October 6, 2010 / 6:58 am

Like the colour on you! Definitely berry lips all the way this autumn/winter. Its so sophisticated.

6. October 6, 2010 / 2:12 pm

Gosh! I haven't had that shade in years. That shade used to be my confidence booster. Shopping time for me then. BTW, that color looks great on you.

7. October 9, 2010 / 8:47 am

It looks gorgeous on you <3 I love dark lips, but for some reason never wear them myself.

8. Skin Scrubs
    October 23, 2010 / 11:15 pm

My first reaction to the the dark lip colour on you is that it looks very romantic. I hope that makes sense! x