Bourjois Little Round Pots

I love me some Bourjois, I think they’re actually my favourite high street brand.  I find their products are very high quality for the price point (even as I notice that price point is creeping ever-upwards these days), but it’s fair to say that my makeup collection contains a sizeable collection from the brand.

When I discovered they’d relaunched their entire collection of “Little Round Pots” recently – after being astonished to discover they were 150 years old! – I was a little concerned, as sometimes, reformulation generally means poorer quality, but on trialling a few over the last month or two I’ve had my concerns allayed somewhat, and I’m happy to say that the new, reformulated Little Round Pot is better than ever.

I picked up a selection of shades to try, as you can see above, clockwise from bottom left you have:

02 – glorious mermaid blue (shimmer)
04 – beautiful deep purple (shimmer)
14 – steely grey (shimmer)
07 –  deep blackened forest green (shimmer)
74 – purple-based taupe (shimmer)
13 – lightly pinked-purple (glitter)
11 – concrete grey (glitter)
and in the centre, there is: 08 – an apricot-beige highlight shade.

Previously, the LRPs might have been considered a little hard, and were occasionally hard to blend, owing to their baked texture, but I’ve found that they’re a lot softer these days, and easier to blend as a result.  If you’re applying them dry, however (or without a base) then a lot of these shades can appear muddy if you over-blend.

I swatched them with a slightly damp brush, and I found this was amazing for bringing out the pigment to its full extent, some of these shades are very lovely indeed:

Also, using a slightly damp brush (swatches are shown without a primer) means you get minimal fallout, and the glitter in the more dramatic shades will stay put!

In slightly different (less direct) light:

One quick note, if you apply the blue damp, it will stain your skin – I found that out the hard way!  I think my favourites are 11, 74 and seven.  How about you?

The Fine Print: PR samples, but I’ve bought loads of these too … gotta love ’em.
This post originated at: http://getlippie.com/ All rights reserved.

1. January 25, 2011 / 7:09 am

These look so good! I really want 02 and 08 x

2. January 25, 2011 / 10:17 am

They all look lovely, might need to pick some of these up! I love 13 and 14 🙂
    Belle xx

3. January 25, 2011 / 10:45 am

Number two really does look amazing – in fact they all do. 🙂

xo

4. January 25, 2011 / 10:50 am

I really love this little pots I own only one of them, noir precieux and I love it. I especially like the shade range!

5. January 25, 2011 / 12:03 pm

I have 8, 54 and 74… Such beautiful neutrals 🙂

Kelly x

6. Gretchen
    January 25, 2011 / 6:55 pm

I love these shades. Sephora used to carry this in the US but it's gone! I noticed they now have the Kat Von Whatever line – what a misuse of shelf space.

7. January 25, 2011 / 7:08 pm

I love the new forumla – it's so much richer colourwise than the old one!

8. January 25, 2011 / 7:35 pm

Wow, that's a heck of a lot more pigment than a lot of them had before (they were so dusty and hardly showed up on my Asian skintone). I have the forest green and I've been duping NARS' amazing but pricey Rajasthan duo with it by smoking it out with a taupe shimmer base. It's stunning like that! Thanks for reminding me that I must try out the new formulations though, the mermaid blue looks amazing! x

9. Skin Scrubs
    January 26, 2011 / 9:52 pm

I love their eyeshadows I always find them hardwearing the pots are quite generous. I was told once that these are made at the same factory as Chanel. I can't remember who told me that or if they were saying it because they are both spherical but who knows?

10. January 30, 2011 / 10:57 am

you know I probably would've just walked right by these in the shop but after seeing them swatched…I'm intrigued! Want!!!

xo