Chanel Rouge Coco Shine: Shades 66, 61, 55 and 54

I’ve been waiting for these to be released for about six weeks now, so when I noticed they’d been released early – I thought they were out at the end of the month! – I had to snap up a couple. Or four…

The shades I picked were (l-r): 66 – Bel-Ami: a lightly bronzed brown; 61 – Bonheur: a sheer berry; 55 – Romance: bubblegum pink and 54 – Boy: a pale caramel nude. In the tubes these shades look vivid and full of pigment, but the full beauty of these sticks is revealed on swatching:

Lightly pigmented, glossy and sheer, these shades are essentially a shiny, cushioned, balm for your lips. Wear isn’t, of course, as good as the original Rouge Coco shades, but dang, these do feel wonderful on your lips! Speaking of which, here ate the lip swatches:

66 Bel-Ami:

Not nearly as brown as it appears in the bullet, this is almost reddish on the lips, but is entirely office-appropriate.

61 Bonheur

Possibly my favourite of the four, this pinked-berry is glorious for giving you that “just-bitten” look.

55 Romance

Not nearly as fluoro in the flesh as it appears in this picture, this is an exceptionally pretty, cool bubblegum pink. I’m looking forward to seeing how this one looks with a tan!

54 Boy

My lips are quite pigmented, so much of the colour you’re seeing here is not from the lipstick itself, which appears as the merest whisp of creamy beige on my lips. A good neutral for me, possibly, but maybe not a shade I’d consider re-purchasing.

Packaged in a thinner version of the Rouge Coco packaging, these look classy, and will be an asset to my makeup bag, owing to their moisturising properties, and I think they’ll be perfect for summer wear.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shines are available now and cost £22.50 each.

1. March 16, 2011 / 7:04 am

Boy looks really good on you.

2. March 16, 2011 / 7:17 am

I love the swatch for 54. As much as I love them, I need to get rid of the multitude of other lipsticks in my collection before I would allow myself to get a new one. Trying to be good here. 🙂

3. March 16, 2011 / 7:44 am

I saw Boy in a Lisa Eldridge tutorial. It looked great there but all of them look fab in your post. I think Bel Ami would be the one I would use the most. I like those reds that aren't quite red!

4. March 16, 2011 / 8:08 am

Ooh! From these swatches, Bonheur looks like it would be my favourite, as well :o)

The only catch? I'm not sure if I'd be able to stomach that price tag (especially not four times, lol!!)

5. March 16, 2011 / 8:19 am

Romance is definitely on my must have list!

6. March 16, 2011 / 8:27 am

I can't believe you grabbed four >_< LOL…I like the #55 Romance ! But all of them look great on you =)

7. March 16, 2011 / 10:25 am

This really well timed as I thought about treating myself to one this afternoon. I was thinking of getting Boy but having seen your swatches I think I might be better with Bonheur. Thank you for the lip swatches!
    Jane x

8. March 16, 2011 / 12:13 pm

I can't wait to get my hands on a couple of these. I absolutely adore the look of Bonheur, which I think I'm going to have to pick up in addition to Boy thanks to your swatches!

♥ Jessica

9. March 16, 2011 / 1:59 pm

Bonheur and Romance look really nice! I didn't even think of looking at the Chanel counter in Selfridges yesterday, I'll have to check them out in Boots this week.

10. March 16, 2011 / 8:20 pm

I've been waiting for these to come out for ages too, I've got some Boots points burning a hole in my pocket! These are the best swatches I've seen so far, they all look fab on you, I especially like Romance!

11. March 16, 2011 / 8:38 pm

Oh damn you, Lippie! I now want these! My bank card hates you now! LOL! xx

12. March 16, 2011 / 10:16 pm

Well even if the colour hasn't come out quite right on the pic, i'm loving the look of Romance! Just can't resist bright pinks…and there's deinitely space for a sheerer version in my collection…

13. March 16, 2011 / 10:29 pm

Ohhhh I want! Lovely. x

14. March 19, 2011 / 8:02 pm

Gorgeous! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these.