The Oddest Lipstick in my Collection

This little monolith looks fairly innocuous, no? Well, it’s one of the oddest, and most expensive, makeup products I own.  It’s actually a Serge Lutens Water Lip Colour, and when it turned up in a goody bag at a Serge Lutens fragrance launch, I was about as excited as I could be.  I thought there were only two shades, Chardon, a red, and Safrane, an orange, and I wondered which shade I would get.

I was wrong, by the way, there are three shades.  Number three is Indian Ink.  A black. Guess which one I got?

Yeah, you got there ahead of me, didn’t you?  A black lipstain.

I love the applicator, it looks like some kind of exotic sea-creature from the depths, it’s rather cool. And, surprisingly, it really helps with the application, being easy to get into all your lip crevices.

However, it’s black.  Well, grey, rather:

It’s actually oddly useable, you can use it to stain your lips darker, to give a different dimension to lipshades that need darkening, or you can use it to fake bruises:

What’s the oddest thing in your makeup collection?

This post: http://getlippie.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-oddest-lipstick-in-my-collection.html originated at: http://getlippie.com If you’re not reading this on Get Lippie, then the content has been stolen by a scraper. All rights reserved.

1. October 3, 2012 / 6:07 am

Ha ha this is cool 🙂 But I would love to see it on your lips too tho! 🙂
    Hmm I cant think of any odd products in my makeup collection right now.. !

2. October 3, 2012 / 6:24 am

I can't imagine how it would look on the lips!! The oddest thing I have is the green to pink lipstick by Barry M!!

3. October 3, 2012 / 8:13 am

Oo that is interesting!! I actually have a gloss from MAC in a very similar colour, it was from the Style Black collection. I wear it on its own sometimes, which can look a bit odd I suppose but then I'm a bit on the gothy side mostly, so I guess it fits!
    I'm not sure I have any really odd things in my make up collection though!

4. October 3, 2012 / 10:14 am

Serge Lutens makes weird stuff, however, this concept has actually been copied by Essence and it's quite good to make your lips look more bitten-or-overkissed

5. October 3, 2012 / 3:12 pm

Can you layer on top of lipcolours or does that not work? I've seen a few grey/black lipsticks of late that are supposed to change the colour of lipsticks. Either way, I think it's very cool!

6. October 3, 2012 / 4:16 pm

Not sure if this looks nice or not, haha! The oddest thing in my make up collection is probably a dark purple lipstick I got from Kate Moss's Rimmel collection – I've never even worn it x

7. October 15, 2012 / 6:32 pm

Strange, very strange. I presume it makes you look like a well groomed corpse when you apply it to the lips, right??