New do!

Well, I bit the bullet and went for the big chop, and mixed up a few metaphors along the way …

Here’s the length beforehand:

Mid process:

And the final result:

Such a relief to have lost the dead weight, and I’m delighted with the final result!  Lots of movement and it’s still long enough to tie back if need be … I’m looking forward to trying out some styling tools on it.

I must pass on a massive thank you to the wonderful Darren at Webster Whiteman for holding my hand throughout the process – the look on his face when I told him to chop the lot off was hilarious!

Have you been for the chop lately?

This post: New do! originated at: Get Lippie All rights reserved. If you are not reading this post at Get Lippie, then this content has been stolen by a scraper

Share:

1. June 5, 2013 / 6:32 am

I like the new cut very much. I also like (and might try) the rolled back thing in the first picture – is there a trick to it?

• June 5, 2013 / 8:27 am

There is a trick to it, here's mine: Get a hairdresser to do it! It was a wedding hair trial, which I loved from the back, but didn't like from the front so much. Sorry I can't be more help!

2. June 5, 2013 / 8:00 am

Well done your very brave I would of been terrified!!!
    It looks amazing it really suits you face shape

fabulousso40s.blogspot.co.uk

• June 5, 2013 / 8:28 am

Not really brave, it's only hair, and I was in a safe pair of hands with Darren! I really like it though xx

3. June 5, 2013 / 8:07 am

I love it – you look very sassy and chic! Such a refreshing change and your hair is in amazing condition. I'm a big fan of having a chop off now and again. It's great for your hair and fab to have a change – long hair is rather boring as I'm realising now…oh you might be responsible for a chop-off here too!! eek! x

• June 5, 2013 / 8:30 am

Don't get me wrong, I loved my "glamorous" long hair, but unless you have a lot of time to devote to styling it every day, it can be a bit "same-y". This is still long enough to put it up, for those days when I really can't be bothered!

4. June 5, 2013 / 8:25 am

It's lovely! Well done for being so brave and going for it x

• June 5, 2013 / 8:32 am

Pshaw, it's only hair. Glad I did it though!

5. Jan
    June 5, 2013 / 7:52 pm

It is lovely really casual and dishevelled in a sexy way. Fab.

• June 6, 2013 / 10:45 am

Sexy, moi? Ha! I really like the soft dishevelled look though.