Birthday Giveaway Winner!
Yes, I know the announcement is a day late, I do hope you’ll all forgive me! I did contact the winner yesterday though, so at least I managed to make someone else’s day a little happier! Our lucky winner has elected to remain anonymous, but this was her winning entry:
Ten things that make me happy:
1. My husband – sickening but true. He also makes me crazy/angry/laugh/despair/throw things/bemused/proud
2. My friends – they are great. All of them. I’m not one of those people with masses of friends, but the ones I have are the best kind. When life goes wrong they bring wine and sarcasm and make it all better.
3. My cats – who can fail to be made happy by a cat that randomly bites you and uses people as trampolines, and and a cat that is so dumb that to list the ways in which she brings delight would take too long?
4. Baths – deep, hot, and the bubblier the better. I like a Lush bubble bath bar, or my REN rose otto oil – if only that made bubbles
5. My NEOM organic candles – one of the best things Get Lippie ever promoted to me
6. My nephews – especially when singing songs about poo. #Hey poo, where are you, I want to see you in the loo#.
7. Brownies from Borough Market. Nom nom nom
8. Good hair days.
9. Cakewrecks. I cannot read it without collapsing into laughter. The carrot riding babies! The cupcake cakes!
10. Lazy days on the sofa with old films and endless cups of tea. Aimlessly flipping through the channels when bored and miserable and suddenly finding a film you love is on. I did this the other week and found Calamity Jane in the middle of singing about the Windy City. Love it.
Bonus 11: Champagne! Cocktails!
These are what make me happy, and I am glad they exist.
The winner was picked in as scientific manner as I could manage, I shortlisted MY favourite entries and asked several other people which one they preferred. This one was the favourite. Our lucky winner has selected Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle as her preferred shade, and a gift voucher for this, alongside Chanel Particuliere, and Guerlain Khol in Oriental Metal has already been despatched, alongside a couple of other lovely goodies that I couldn’t resist sneaking into the bag!
I had over 100 entries to this givewaway, and it’s been an utter delight to have run it. Thank you so much to every single person who took the time to enter, if I had something to give each one of you, I would. You’re an amazing bunch of people, and you shared some amazing stories with me, I’ll do a post soon highlighting just how wonderful my readers are.
Thank you so much.